Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Coinkydinks? I think not...

After four days of great fun at Yale Hospital, it is time for me to pack up and head home. Actually, I'm scooting out of here as quickly as I can so that these docs of mine don't change their minds and keep me any longer!

What a crazy series of events! I went in for a procedure called a cystoscopy last Wednesday afternoon. It was explained to me that the invasive procedure probably stirred up my "hornets nest" of chronic infection where my mesh and pain is. By Thursday night, I had more tenderness in my belly than normal, but only gave it a fleeting nod. On Friday morning however, I was much more uncomfortable and started getting a bit concerned. I kept questioning myself was I really feeling something different, had I done anything different to cause more pain? I began to think I should call my doctor. The back and forth banter began inside my head: "It's nothing, you're just imagining things", "You don't want to drive all the way down to Yale ER, on a FRIDAY night, and have it be nothing", blah, blah, blah. Suddenly, I had a sense of purpose and calmness come over me and I knew I had to call my doctor and was instructed to go to the hospital.

Being the professional hospital goer that I am, I did the most important before heading to Yale: I took a good long shower, shaved my leggies, washed my hair, etc. You never know how long it will be until your next shower in the hospital. I also packed my toothbrush, extra undies, hairbrush and phone charger; all of the necessities.

In the 45 minutes that it took us to drive to New Haven, I got worse. Really worse. My abdomen started swelling and the pain spread across my belly and around to my back. I also started running a fever. I was sick, it was infection.

I've been told by several people that I got here just in time. Back to that feeling of purpose and calmness... I have had this experience more than a few times in the past several months. I have come to recognize it and respect it. I also now listen to it with little hesitation. These are my God Moments.

I used to describe myself as having really keen intuition. I now describe myself as a spiritually fit person. I pray for guidance and strength and I receive them. I then act upon the answers I receive.

 That is called having faith.

I have Faith.

Amen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Speechless Kim. You know your body and have excellent intuition. Glad you are okay, and going home. My thoughts are with you every time you post in FB.

Jayne