Friday, May 9, 2008

Nature's Alarm Clock

4:22 a.m.... For the past 3 mornings, that it is exactly the time that I have been woken up by the morning songs of the birds outside. It's been great 'sleeping with the windows partially open' weather - warm during the day then dropping to the low 40's at night. I love to sleep with the windows open and an extra blanket, Ken thinks I'm nuts. One little bird starts off the symphony by calling out to the others. He is a couple of backyards over so his chirping is quite faint. Another bird, with a totally different sound answers from my yard, then a few from across the street chime in. It's really very pretty to listen to once you get past the stage of being totally annoyed that you are wide awake and interpreting bird calls at 4:22 a.m!

So I am up and have an hour until I go to church and thought about writing. I have missed that hour at the computer in the mornings, but I have continued on with my routine of attending daily Mass and so enjoy it. I guess now I can do both! In my next post (I am sure the birds don't take the weekends off), I will share with you some experiences I've had during my morning adventures.

My health remains good - undergoing an MRI this afternoon for some issues with my spine. It's at 3:30, I am looking forward already to the nap! Ken and I are off to a black tie affair tomorrow night - A Night Of Hope - to benefit the American Cancer Society. With the walking I have been doing getting ready for the Relay For Life, I've dropped several pounds, so I am ready to get dressed up and dance!

To all of the Mom's: enjoy your special day this weekend! To everyone else: be extra good to Mom!

KG

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kim-
Someone just forwarded me your blog. It is inspirational. I want you to know that I think of you often as I Chair the 2008 Komen Race for the Cure (June 7 in Bushnell Park). I'm not sure we've ever met, though I hear so many great things about you from our veteran Race Committee members. Best of luck with upcoming ACS Relay for Life. Working together, I'm sure we can find a cure adn provide much-needed support to cancer patients along the way! Fondly, Ann Hogan